Ilsa Picazo is originally from Mexico City. Throughout her life she has developed in the field of communication, in different aspects. First in the Federal District as a journalist, both in the press and on the radio. As well as in literature being an INBA fellow and participating in various publications and books. Later in Canada in the field of Plastic Arts as an illustrator, designer and portrait artist.
Ilsa studied journalism at the Carlos Septien García School, one of the most recognized in Mexico City. She has practiced her profession for 25 years in different newspapers, magazines and radio in Mexico City and also in Cuernavaca, Morelos. Later in Toronto, Canada she worked as an Illustrator at Sheridan College. In recent years she has become a writer and lecturer specializing in women’s topics. She has just finished and is about to publish Dare to be a Woman with a Capital M, a book addressed to contemporary women and the problems that confront them every day. She is currently working on a new novel titled Ondine, Story of a Pirate, a book on matriarchy and feminism.
Her professional credits also include:
- Journalist for the Government of Mexico City.
- Journalist for the National Institute of Fine Arts.
- Director of the weekly newspaper El Constituyente.
- Head of Press and Public Relations of the Venustiano Carranza Delegation in Mexico City.
- Cultural section of the Noticiero Monitor in Radio Red of Mexico City.
- Chief of Press and Public Relations of DIF Morelos.
- General Director of DIF Morelos.
- Journalism teacher at the Tecnológico de Monterrey in Morelos.
- Journalist for the newspapers Excélsior, El Sol de Cuernavaca and Diario de Morelos and other media.
- Director of Social Communication of COPARMEX Morelos.
- Art Director of CANTECH International in Toronto, Canada.
- Illustrator and freelance graphic designer in Toronto, Canada.
- Coordinator of Volunteering DIF Chapala.
- Direct collaborator of the DIF Chapala pre-project for the creation of the Temporary Shelter for Battered Women.
- Writer of several books, the most recent titled Women of Thirteen Moons.
- Lecturer and author of courses and workshops related to the topic of women.
- Journalist conducting the radio program: Mujeres de Trece Lunas at Vital Radio of Notisistemas in Guadalajara.
- Televisa’s day-to-day program on Channel 4.
- Communication Adviser to the Association of Mexican Women Entrepreneurs (Guadalajara) from 2013 – 2016.
- Adviser and to AMMJE Ciénega de Chapala.
- Member of the Business Editorial Board of the Milenio newspaper. 2014 – 2015.
- Volunteer member DIF Chapala, period 2015 – 2017.
- Published on Amazon and printed: “Dare to be a Woman with a Capital M“.
- Book in development: Ondine and Her Other Life
Find Ilsa’s work and reviews here on Amazon.